From a gallery of 100 oil paintings to Russ Carter’s Fort Myers Beach history lesson to Read To The Dog Day, the Fort Myers Beach Library is loaded with great events for the entire family this month. Let’s take a look…
(1) All month the 3rd floor gallery of the Library is filled with 100 oil paintings by Floridian Dutch Artist, Berry van Boekel, who teaches Art and Art History at Florida SouthWestern State College. The paintings follow a list of 100 music recordings compiled throughout the year. We encourage patrons to come in and vote for their favorite painting which will be awarded a blue ribbon at the end of the exhibit.
(2) October 8 from 10-Noon: Enjoy Shell Crafting with KT Cantlon outdoors in the open air garage. Pre-register by calling the Library at 239-765-8162 and paying a $5 materials fee to make a shell license plate frame.
(3) October 12, 10:30am: History of Fort Myers Beach Enjoy a video of Russ Carter, who talks about the many events, cultures and people living here from early to present times.
(4) October 13, from 2:30-3:30pm: Read to the Dog Day. Sign up children for a 15 minute time slot to cuddle and read to Gus who will be dressed in his Halloween outfit. Pre-register for a time slot by calling the Library at 239-765-8162.
(5) October 16, 10am: Watch and listen to the artist of the month, Berry van Boekel, as he talks about Portraiture while creating one. If interested afterwards, Berry will draw your portrait for a one-time reduced fee of $25. This will be an outdoor event in the open air garage.
(6) October 19, 10:3am: ZOOM Presentation. Join coaches from the Wave of Vitality, who will talk about the importance of wellness and fitness and introduce the offerings available at their nutritional club which provides residents and visitors with fitness activities and healthy and delicious drinks and food. Join our Cloud HD Video Meeting
(7) October 20, 10:30am: Book Discussion of The Long Flight Home by Alan Hlad.
(8) October 23, 10:30 am: John Sibley from the All Native Garden Center in Fort Myers will be talking about Florida Native Plants while showing everyone the beautiful landscape created on the grounds surrounding the Library. This is an outdoor event.
(9) October 26, 2:30pm: After School Matinee showing Room on the Broom.
Visit the Fort Myers Beach Library HERE