The next chance for you to dispose of items such as paint, batteries, fertilizers and antifreeze will be this Thursday at Bay Oaks from 8AM to Noon. Don’t throw these harmful items in your trash. Here’s the list of all the items you can drop off on to do your part to protect the environment.
- Ammunition & Fireworks
- Auto/Boat/Motorcycle lead/acid batteries
- Batteries such as: Nickel-cadmium and lithium-ion batteries found in cordless phones or other electronics or rechargeable batteries like those found in cordless drills. (NOTE: Household alkaline batteries such as AA, AAA, C, D, 9 volt,button batteries for watches and hearing aides can go in with your regular household garbage.)
- Cell Phones(these can also be returned to your cell phone provider)
- Fluorescent Bulbs and Compact Fluorescent Light Bulbs The EPA offers good information about how to safely clean up broken fluorescent bulbs.
- Fire Extinguishers
- Fluorescent Bulb ballast (fixture)
- Lawn and Garden Chemicals
- Medication – Keep medicines in original container. Mark out your name and prescription number.
Paints and Paint Thinner
(NOTE: EMPTY paint cans, cans of hardened paint and EMPTY spray cans can be disposed of with your regular household garbage. Painting supplies such as caulk, paste, glue, compound – anything hard or pastey in texture – should be bagged and disposed of with your regular garbage.)
- Propane Tanks – both the larger 20 lb. tanks used for grilling and the smaller one lb. canisters used for cook stoves.